Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 2, Day 6: In Control

It's been a good weekend! I have finally gotten a handle on how to warp a rigid heddle loom (the weavers out there will know what I'm talking about), I had a nice chat and a cup of tea with my friend Tony, and IT RAINED! This has been the driest winter in the history of my city, so I'm ecstatic to see some precipitation for a change. Now if it can rain a lot more, we might escape a draught.

The Super Bowl isn't even on my radar. Who won, anyway?

I am feeling very good; very "in control". I know what I can do and what I can have. Seeing and hearing about food doesn't bother me.

This morning I went to Safeway to pick up some cat food and Crystal Light. It is the first time I have been to a supermarket since starting my Optifast meal replacements. I walked through the produce, past the meats, and even in the pasta aisle. Nothing called to me or tempted me. This afternoon when I was visiting with Tony, who is an avid cook, his descriptions of dishes he has been making didn't bother me. When it's time for a meal replacement I have it without guilt or trepidation. Food is becoming something to nourish my body, not a crutch, or an anesthetic, or a friend -- or a source of guilt and shame.

I look for ways to make Optifast more interesting and less monotonous. This morning I blended half a packet of Raspberry Ice Crystal Light in my vanilla shake, and it was wonderful! Kind of like a raspberry Creamsickle. Tonight's Optifast chicken soup was Indianed-up with garam masala, curry powder and garlic powder.

Here is a photo of last night's Optifast tomato soup, with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper and onion powder:



It's not the tomato soup my mother used to make, with a pat of butter on top, but it's pretty darn tasty all the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment