Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 3, Day 2: Walking to Slimsville with Leslie Sansone

I love Leslie Sansone!

I live in a metropolitan area where there is lots of traffic, stop lights, etc. and walking in the dark alone is not always the best idea. Enter Leslie, with her dandy Walk at Home DVDs. I have several of them which I have enjoyed using in the past.  The two I am working with right now are the Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles (the first mile only, in the morning) and Mini Walks in the evening.

Leslie Sansone has a very bubbly personality. She does talk a lot, but her manner is so encouraging and engaging that I don't mind the chatter. The Walk Slim DVD is newer (2011) than Mini Walks (2008) and features some model-pretty people and some "regular folks" in her walking team. Mini Walks is all "regular folks"; a spectrum of ages, body types and ethnicities.

She is in excellent shape for a woman of any age, and obviously "walks the walk".

Did I mention that I love Leslie Sansone?

What I like about the workouts is that they get me moving without too much jumping around on my joints. They aren't so hard that I worry about hurting myself. As I build up stamina I can try to do 45 minutes all at once, but I'm not there yet. As time goes on I will want more of a challenge but I need to work up to P90X. Just kidding, maybe Jillian Michaels or Zumba. :) There is not a lot of complicated choreography to learn, just straightforward walking in place, side steps, kicks, and some arm movement. There is more full-body engagement in these routines than walking down the street.

For exercisers who need a basic aerobic workout with no frills, or those who haven't worked out in awhile, you can't beat Leslie Sansone.

Her DVDs are reasonably priced on Amazon and at stores like Target and Walmart. Netflix also has some of her DVDs for rent or streaming.

Okay...end of commercial. (I'm not on Leslie's payroll, honest!)  I've been faithfully wearing my pedometer since Tuesday morning, and am amazed at how quickly the steps (and miles) add up! Yesterday's count was 6,966 steps (or 2.6 miles). My stride isn't very long, only about 24 inches. Today, so far, it's 8,955 steps (or 3.4 miles).  It feels so good to move! Mentally and physically.



The pedometer was a bit tricky to set up at first, but I think I've got it now. It's a tiny little thing that clips to my waistband and it stores the stats for seven days.

I just have to be careful not to inadvertently put it through the washer, or drop it in the toilet! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment