Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week 1, Day 5: Hors d'oeuvres in my dreams!

Well, I had my first dream (that I remember, anyway) about the MWM plan. I was at a party and platters of hors d'oeuvres were being passed around. I was standing around chatting with people and when someone offered me the platter I took one without thinking. (It was a shrimp-and-crab something or other.) I had a bite in my mouth but hadn't swallowed yet. Panicked, I looked around for a napkin so I could spit it out. I was so mortified as people stared at me like I was some kind of freak.

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!

I was pondering the dream today and it occurred to me how often I would eat something without thinking. And if I gobbled it quickly, I didn't even enjoy it. That will be one of my goals: to eat slowly and mindfully.

A few days ago I posted about lumpy soup. We are told not to shake our soups. Well, I have found that stirring rapidly with a wire whisk (the "balloon" type, not the "spring" type) gets out most of the lumps.  A couple of small lumps can remain, but the texture is vastly improved.  Here is tonight's bowl of chicken soup, doctored up with dried rosemary, garlic powder and black pepper.



Mmmm...yumm!  Seriously, it's not too bad. The tomato soup is also really good with a pinch of oregano and a dash of Sriracha Sauce.  You know...Rooster Sauce! If you are from California, you know what I'm talkin' about!

No comments:

Post a Comment