Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day Two on the Plan, or Food Meditation

Well, I started my plan yesterday morning.  Very early yesterday morning, as I was so excited that I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.

Had a chocolate shake for breakfast, and blending with water and ice in a high-speed blender gives it a really nice "frosty" consistency.  I enjoyed it very much.  I think I can handle this "diet"!

The vanilla shake is good too, but not as yummy as chocolate.   However, vanilla has the advantage of being very versatile, since we can use non-caloric flavorings to jazz it up a little.  I would like to try a little orange extract sometime.

The bars are yummy!  I had mint chocolate yesterday and peanut today, and they are as good as candy bars.  Between the bars and the shakes, I'm certainly not jonesing for sweets. :)

The soups are interesting.  I had chicken yesterday (jazzed up with dried rosemary, garlic powder and pepper) and tomato today (with a dash of hot sauce and some oregano).  They taste really good (especially when they are the only savory thing I've eaten all day) but the consistency is a bit strange.  Lumps develop and are very hard to break up.  The package admonishes against "shaking" the soup, and since I only have a week's supply at a time, I don't want to risk ruining a serving.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty wiped by mid-afternoon and that concerned me a little.  However, I now attribute that to lack of sleep, since today I feel pretty good.

One thing I noticed....I was watching TV last evening and saw a commercial for some kind of food.  The food looked tasty, but I was able to look at it and think, "that looks good" without going into paroxyms of craving.  Kind of like Buddhist meditation, where a thought can pop up, and the meditator just recognizes it and lets it go.

I released the thought so completely that ten minutes later I wouldn't have been able to tell you what the commercial was for.  I still can't remember.  I know, it doesn't sound like much, but it's a huge milestone for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment