Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 6, Day 6: Hooray for smaller jeans (and closet surfing)

My jeans (which fit me fine a month ago) are now way too big. I can pull them off without even undoing them! And when I sit down or bend over, I don't want to flash everyone in the room. :( Yesterday I went shopping in my closet and found a pair which is a size smaller – they fit great!

I once read a magazine article about the late comedian Jackie Gleason. Those in my generation and older will remember him! The article said he had suits in his closet in varying sizes, all arranged in order, to accommodate his weight fluctuation. I have a walk-in closet filled with clothes from size 8 to 18. Someone said, when I told them about weight loss and new way of life, "You'll have to go shopping for all new clothes!" I can just walk into my closet and find things that I had no idea were there. They may not be the latest styles, but I like vintage dresses, so I'm good to go.

Seeing the results in the mirror and in my clothes are giving me great motivation. I have figured that my scale (and being unclothed) registers about four pounds less than being fully clothed on Kaiser's scale. By that estimation, I have lost about 19 pounds since beginning product.

I'm a bit under the weather this weekend. I have been fighting a cold and sore throat, and the bug appears to be winning. I hope it will stop here and not morph into full-blown flu. The silver lining to being sick is that I'm not hungry at all.

A bit off-topic (but it's my blog and I'm allowed to go off-topic)…I'm reading a wonderful book: The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I first read it in high school but I didn't have the wisdom to fully appreciate it. If you want to read about life, relationships, faith and reason, pick this one up and give it a try. It's big and challenging, but well worth the effort. If you are an e-book reader, there are freebies online and at the Amazon site. A word of caution: Some of the freebies aren't proofread or very well-formatted and are frustrating to read. For $1.99 on Amazon, you can purchase the annotated and illustrated Garnett translation for Kindle by Petrocast Ebooks. It is very well-edited and is easy to navigate. The footnotes are also helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment